Vatebra Tech Hub will be hosting One- Hackathon- Online Globa Challenge on August 8-9.
“One Hackathon” is an Online Global Challenge that is commonly formatted in 24 hours style to bring out solutions for post Covid-19.
The purpose of “One Hackathon” is to discover new innovative solutions that can be adopted by the global industries and the creation of new startups. It will also offer the opportunity for developers, designers, entrepreneurs to network, discover, learn and launch an idea within a set number of hours. One Hack-a-thon is an initiative designed to encourage developers, start-ups, technology students, management students, and technology experts to unite and develop solutions that’ll help combat the pandemics of future at a global scale.
Expectations from the hackathon are for participants to build a product, design a business model and provide reasonable next steps for the startups.
The theme of the Hackathon will Include:
• PDS – public distribution system for the poor and needy. This could be around food, medicines or any other basic essential supplies.
• Recognising the frontline warriors that have emerged in the shape of healthcare workers, policemen, government officials and others.
• Blood and organ donations.
• Virtual education platforms/gaming education platforms.
• Open innovations around the handling of pandemics.
We have linked the themes to a blog post explaining each theme.
Application Start Date: 26th June, 2020.
Introductory Webinar: 20th July, 2020 by 5pm
Idea Submission close date: 31st July, 2020.
Hackathon Date: 8th – 9th August, 2020 in Nigeria.
Partner Companies include
- Vatebra Tech Hub (organizing partner)
- Vatebra Academy
- Ripples Prize
- Heartland Incubation Hub
The Hackathon mentors are:
- Kolapo Ogungbile – Business Manager, Vatebra Tech Hub
- Seun Tubi – Chief Information Security Officer, Bank of Industry
- Chinyelu Chikwendu – Head of Strategy, Vatebra Limited
- Abiola Yushau – Head, Core Business Solutions at Vatebra Limited