ICAN Hub hosts Start-up Networking Event
The ICAN-BOI Innovation+ Hub will be hosting a Start-up Networking Event on July 28th, 2022.
The Hub was established by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) in partnership with the Bank of Industry. The Hub was commissioned on 24th May 2022, to support the start-up ecosystem; by providing Technology Education; Youth Empowerment; & Capacity Building programmes. The hub consists of over 250 coworking desks, meeting rooms, private offices, a relaxation centre and a hybrid area for organizing events and hackathons.
Innovation in Nigeria is following an interesting trend where the young population is increasingly seeking to be part of creating solutions. Over the last decade, Africa is rising; the youth has increased participation in economic development, governance, leadership and education; tackling these issues from a different front. Nigerian startups have raised over $3.9billion USD in investment since 2019 across Fintech, Health-tech, Logistics/Mobility tech etc.; providing solutions to existing problems.
The Nigerian Start-up ecosystem provides exciting trends for the future of Africa and the world. On this premise, the hub is organizing a startup event to:
- Give entrepreneurs, start-ups as well as tech enthusiasts an opportunity to hear about current innovations, trends, challenges and opportunities to explore to build new tech solutions.
- Create a platform where founders and Investors will connect, learn and explore partnerships for growth.
- Startups will learn from industry experts on growing businesses, scaling up and building sustainable businesses.
The session will feature two-panel sessions on “Technology Trends in Nigeria” and “Growth hacking for Startups”.
The session will also feature a Presentation from the Bank Of Industry on Funding opportunities available to startups. The event is organized in partnership with Vatebra Tech Hub.
The Panelists include:
- Ireayo Oladunjoye – Head, Lagos Innovates (Startups), Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF)
- Lawal Abiodun – Head, Tech Ecosystem and Ventures FCMB
- Chioma Ifeanyi-Eze – CEO, AccountingHub
- Damilola Aransiola – Chief Growth officer at Whogohost
- Dare Odumade – CEO, Chekkit
- Peter Ogedengbe – Co-Founder, The Nest Hub
The event is scheduled to hold on:
Date: Thursday, July 28, 2022
Time: 11am to 2pm
Venue: ICAN office, 82 Muritala Mohammed Way, Ebute- Metta, Lagos
The event is open to the general public. Please register to attend here: https://bit.ly/techeventreg